Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

Jim Yanik wrote:
Jim Redelfs wrote in
:

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

I wonder about nuclear plant security as well.

You can stop wondering. You can probably even relax a bit.

There is a nuke operating perhaps 25 miles from where I am typing.
It's along the Missouri river. Security there is ridiculously tight.
Also, my son-in-law is an engineer at a nuke perhaps 40 miles east of
his home. The (generic) stories he tells about security are
impressive.

Besides, any terrorist strike on a U.S. nuclear-powered, electricity
generating station will not be a ground-based assault. It will come
from the air - and will be a dismal failure as core containment here
is extremely OVER built. FWIW: There was NO containment structure at
Chernobyl.

except the many spent rod holding pools have no containment.

So what? They can't physically make a nuclear explosive in any
configuration as they are insufficiently enriched even before being
"burned" in the reactor which only further reduces the enrichment (and
adds fission product "poisons").