Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

Why do people recycle containers & paper when it would be so much easier to
just throw the stuff into the regular trash?

For two reasons: They believe they are "making a difference" and/or they are
required by law to do so.

Just remember: Adolph Hitler made a difference.

I "recycle" my containers and paper using the general waste stream, confident
that it will eventually return from whence it came. There is enough landfill
space to last virtually forever.

Modern landfills have a minimal environmental impact. Further, capturing the
methane gas they produce, is providing RENEWABLE energy - such that it is.
Given that, we obviously need MORE landfills. [ducking]
--

JR