Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 08:42:19 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

Why do people recycle containers & paper when it would be so much easier
just throw the stuff into the regular trash?

Because it is free where it is successful?

In my city the trash service picks up your trash from the side of the
house or the backyard which makes the streets look tidy. But, the
recycle bins must be placed by the curb, not a big deal. I stopped
city-service recycling years ago because...

Dogs, coons, varmints and kids get into the approved recycle bins
(dogs around here know when it's trash day)

The recycle people smash all glass items and I'd rather not have to
clean up slivers of glass again.

Recycle will not accept some plastics--even plastics with the triangle
recycle symbol on them. They do accept any plastics that were used
for non-food or any plastics that contained cooking oils. Strange.

Metal containers are to be washed and labels removed. Non-food metal
is not accepted.

Cardboard of any kind is not accepted. I guess they can't profit
enough.

In some places, they can't sell certain materials for some reason. That's
the explanation I heard about why we only recycle plastics #1 & #2 here, but
not the other stuff.