Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

In article ,
(Don Klipstein) wrote:

So, if half of our electricity comes from coal, replacing a 60 watt
incandescent with a 15 watt CFL reduces mercury pollution by 7 mg on
average. Average CFLs have about 3-4 mg of mercury.

I haven;t had a chance to look over the cites with any depth yet
(thanks for providing them). But at least the above seems to answer a
part of the question. Although that doesn't really answer the question
as to whether it is more dangerous spread over a large area (as in
emissions) or more concentrated in landfills. Which may or may not be a
mitigating factor.