Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
wrote in message
On Dec 25, 8:11 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
(Don Klipstein) wrote:
I wonder how much of that statement is based on the assumption
that
the CFLs are going to be gotten rid of the way they should be,
which
is
not likely to be the way they are.
I was talking about if all of the mercury in the CFLs got into the
environment, as if the worn-out CFLs are all ground up and
incinerated
in
bonfires.
Interesting. Would you have a cite or two, I haven't seen anything
like that and would like to read them. Thanks.
If your county has a web site, you might find some links there.
About all I can find on my county, the big city nearby and
state websites (as well as the EPAs) is what the proper ways to dispose
of the CFLs. Nothing on the local and nothing I can find right off on
the EPA on the question of how they came to that conclusion. It may very
well be correct, I'm just saying I can't find anything right off to back
it up. Until then it is a rumor (g).

Currently, and into the foreseeable future, the EPA is not a reliable
source
for environmental information.- Hide quoted text -

This comment is really special coming from a guy that in another part
of this thread posted a link to an article that used OPEC, officials
in India, and the secretary of state of MA as credible sources pinning
the high price of oil on speculators. LOL

I'm absolutely positive that everyone in that article was more qualified
than you are to comment on the subject in question.

And I'm absolutely positive that the EPA is more qualified
than you...

As I see it, what will happen w/ CFL's is the same thing that currently
happens w/ incandescents -- when they burn out, folks will toss them in
the trash and that's it, no matter what the rules are. There will be a
small number of folks who will go to some extra trouble, but it will be
a minute fraction of the population.