Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Not to complicate the issue, but a number of arms control experts have
pointed out that there's only one way we'll stop "rogue states" from
eventually developing nuclear weapons: Eliminate civilian nuclear power
plants.

I'd like to see a quote from even one "arms control expert" who would
say that eliminating civilian nuclear power would stop rogue nations
from developing nuclear weapons. I'd venture that "expert" would be
self-anointed or propounded by one of the "green" organizations w/ a
vendetta against nuclear power.

An enriched-U weapon doesn't require a reactor at all as the most simple
example. There's sufficient highly-enriched material already extant in
Russia that has yet to be diluted that diversion is one of the highest
paths for organizations w/ sufficient money.