Tim May

Default Gunner's own description of his life choices, from four years ago today

In article , Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:34:41 -0700, Tim May
wrote:

Since some folks here don't seem proficient in using the archives of
past articles, here's the story of Gunner's life choices, in his own
words. (A bunch of other articles from him at or about this time, and
in the following months, elaborated on the details. Use Google Groups
in the obvious way to find them.)

(pardon the formatting...)

Seems that you have quite the bee under your bonnet.
I guess your life is empty and you needed a hobby.

I know I just found another one.

Keep making these kinds of threats.

(Yes, I removed you from my killfiles. My attorney advised me to keep
all of your posts in a folder and to print them out at intervals. She
said your profile pretty much matches someone about to "go postal.")

As for your last comment, about the jobs created during the Bush Admin
partly making up for all of the jobs lost during the "last
administration," you are quite wrong about this.

While I don't credit Clinton with _creating_ the booming economy during
the '93-'00 period, neither do I credit him with any lost jobs. More
jobs, overall, were created during this economic boom than were lost.
Since the tech bust in '00, which I also don't blame Bush for, the
number of jobs created certainly has not been impressive, espeically
for their skill and pay levels.

As someone said, a lot of those jobs are greeters at Wal-Mart sorts of
jobs.

What's coming is going to make the tech bust look like a picnic. I was
talking to an Indian designer yesterday who is involved with some of
the new ultra-VLSI designs in Hyderabad. Impressive, for those who can
exploit the programming challenges. But very bad news for anyone not at
the cutting edge.

And so it goes.

--Tim May