Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Paul is offline

Default Ping Iggy...

Todd Rich wrote:
Paul wrote:

Todd Rich wrote:

(snip)

Help?

Check the setting of 0-19, the factory default is '0' which only allows
control from the keypad or the comm port, try setting 0-19 to '1' which
should give control from the keypad or external terminals such as FWD.

That was it! Thank you. I think I'm going to get a better switch though,
I want something I can lock-out if needs be. 3 works as well as 1. I
just have to remember on 1 that I don't want to put it in keypad mode and
then press run if I want it to run from the pressure switch. PU light off
and it works exactly as I was hoping to. Turn the switch on an it starts.
Leave it on and when the contacts open at 120psi, it shuts off. Drop it
to 90psi and it starts up. Turn the switch off and it stays off. However
it looks like I might want to see if I can set it up with a larger range.
I'm only supposed to let it start 6 times an hour and while my draw might
be high, it is intermittent. And it looks like my unloaders are starter
types, not continuous run types. At least they didn't kick in before
190psi when I let it run up high.

Regards
Paul

Thanks again! That really helped!
Todd

Todd

Glad that did it, most of the time the factory defaults are sane enough
to get simple applications going relatively easily, but sometimes not.
A '3' in 0-19 might be better than a '1' as it locks out the keypad for
control inputs. As this is a compressor and should only run 'FWD' I'd
suggest setting 1-21 to '1' to disable 'REV'.

If this drive came to you new and unmolested the factory defaults should
be enforce, if it was used previously I'd go through and check all the
settings, or just use the 'reset to factory defaults' function (you'll
have to change back anything you setup already). If you expect the
drive to do motor overcurrent protection, (you most likely need this)
you'll have to enter the motor nameplate full load amps in 5-00. Some
drives require this entry to run but others don't, also check 5-03,
'Number of Poles'. The factory default is '4' which is correct for a
nominal 1800 rpm motor (most likely what your compressor motor is).
Maybe you've been through these last settings already, if so ignore this
last

Regards
Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.