Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Todd Rich Todd Rich is offline

Default Ping Iggy...

William wrote:

"Todd Rich" wrote in message

(snip)
Btw I was doing the oil change yesterday and it was pretty bad. I let it
drain overnight, and I'll put in the fresh oil today. A little slowed
down by two migraines. Doesn't appear to be any oil filters to change.

Todd

Nope yours was/is a "pre oil filter" version of the pump. Mine has a spin
on automotive type filter on it, you can't miss it:-)

Yeah, I've seen it in photos in Quincy's literature. No sign of it on
mine. However I put in 8 quarts and the dipstick read almost full, so I
think I've got about a quart of sludge still at the bottom despite trying
to blow it out. I figure I won't run that long on this oil change and run
it a while before draining it again.

Did you ever figure out what that thing is on the tank that the air line
enters? is it some kind of cooler or a water trap??

Not sure. And it doesn't go directly in, the air pipe comes out the back
and then goes in the tank on the upper back side. I'll take some closer
photos and post them. Or just give Quincy a call and see what they have
to say. Only obvious things are a vent valve and a small screw valve of
some kind at the base.

William

Todd