Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Todd Rich Todd Rich is offline

Default Ping Iggy...

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 19:11:01 +0000 (UTC), Todd Rich

(snip)
Well, I guess I'll call them up Wednesday and see if they can point me in
the right direction.

Btw I was doing the oil change yesterday and it was pretty bad. I let it
drain overnight, and I'll put in the fresh oil today. A little slowed
down by two migraines. Doesn't appear to be any oil filters to change.

Todd

Whats the issue? Ive missed most of this thread.

Mainly that I couldn't seem to turn on the terminal block that reads the
pressure switch. Another poster pointed me to the proper paramater.

Though it is supposed to take 9 quarts of oil and it only took about 8, so
I think I've got at least a quart of sludge in the bottom of the case.

On many/most VFDs, you would hook the RF switch to the NC pressure
switch. When its below the cut off pressure, the switch remains
closed, telling the VFD to run the motor. At cut off, the switch
opens, the VFD stops running the motor and it coasts to a stop. No
need to program in Stop in this application.

Yep, works that way here too.

What am I missing?

Just that it had an paramater that I didn't notice that tells it where it
takes the commands from. If you don't turn on the terminal block, it
can't read the pressure switch.

Gunner, user of VFDs nearly daily

This is the one I'm using:
http://www.driveswarehouse.com/Drive...D/PC1-150.html

Seems to do a dandy job of phase-converting too. Ramp-up is nice as
smooth and the lights don't fliker at all. Running a 15HP motor.

Todd