Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

That latest intelligence stinker about Iran seems to have stopped him
from waving his dick around for the moment. Now, if only we could
silence people like HeyBub. There's a large contingent like him, who,
given a choice between going to a strip club and seeing a mushroom
cloud over Tehran, would choose the bomb. It's one thing to know that
war is sometimes unavoidable. It's another thing to fantasize about
it in the shower.

Heh! I'm in Texas which just implemented a "Pole Tax."

Patrons at strip clubs now have to pay a $5.00 state tax just to get in.
Fortunately, that doesn't affect me or my buddies because we're more into
devising schemes to kill Iranians, relatives of Iranians, or anybody who
ever knew an Iranian.

War is, as you said, often unavoidable. Sometimes it comes like a thief in
the night, by surprise. Sometimes we plan it in advance. Either way, we need
a war every 15-20 years to keep our skills sharp, to train the next
generation of warriors, and to serve notice on those who would do us harm.

And it's fullfilling.

Look at the current conflict. 85% of those who have served in Iraq or
Afghanistan have re-upped at every opportunity. The 15% who declined to
continue serving include, mostly, those invalided out and those who retired.

Face it, there are those we call "warriors," who run to the sound of the
guns, who get their primary satisfaction in life out of killing people and
blowing things up. It has always been thus.

We march.
For our lands. For our families. For our freedoms.
We march...
Into the Hot Gates we march.
Into that narrow corridor we march, where Xerxes numbers count for nothing.
Spartans. Citizen soldiers. Freed slaves. Brave Greeks all.
Brothers. Fathers. Sons.
We march.
For honor's sake, for duty's sake, for glory's sake, we march.
Into Hell's mouth we march.
From free Greek to free Greek the word was spread - that bold Leonidas and
his 300, so far from home, lay down their lives, not just for Sparta, but
for all Greece and the promise this country holds.

Now, here on this rugged patch of earth, Xerxes hordes face obliteration!

Just there the barbarians huddle, sheer terror gripping tight... knowing
full well what merciless horrors they endured at the swords and spears of
300. They sit there now, across the plain, looking at TEN THOUSAND Spartans,
commanding thirty thousand free Greeks!

The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Greek!

This day we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny and usher in a future
brighter than anything we can imagine.

For brave Leonidas and the 300, to victory!