Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

On Dec 24, 10:08*pm, CJT wrote:
Pete C. wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:

* * I think now is not likely. Even if we magically licensed a nuke
plant tomorrow, it would still take 2-3 years to build it and bring it
online. We would probably be hard pressed to take a current plant off
line because of growth in demand in the interim. *And that 2-3 year
thing ain't gonna happen since we aren't going to magically license
nuke plants any time soon. Heck just the enviornmental impact
statement can take a *year or so to put together, let alone argue.

A YEAR? Think FIVE YEARS and ten years to build it.

A few years ago a gas-fired plant was proposed in my area. It would have a
3/4 mile long discharge canal connecting the cooling basin to the bay.

The environmentalists went nuts. "THERMAL POLLUTION" they cried. It would
kill all the marine life from Houston south to Mexico and 100 miles into the
Gulf! Four years of to-ing and fro-ing before construction began.

Plant eventually got built. Now the discharge canal is lined shoulder to
shoulder with fishermen. Seems as if the marine critters that like warmer
water (mostly shrimp) head for the canal. The fish who like to eat shrimp
follow. Creatures who don't like warm water move away - to Canada, I guess.

That points out one of the major issues with our broken legal system -
the fact that the eco-loons making the false claims and filing the
frivolous lawsuits are never held liable for the harm they cause. If
they were held liable for their proven false claims their plague would
soon end and the true sane environmentalists would regain some
credibility.

In case you didn't notice, the corporate loons are never held
accountable for damage THEY do based on falsehoods about all
the good and minimal harm their pet projects will do. *Just look
at how many SuperFund sites there are. *Some of the companies
manage to just walk away. *Others go bankrupt (even as the people
in charge start another company to repeat the cycle).

--

Never being held accountable and sometimes manage to just walk away
are two very different things. In superfund cases, the EPA in most

minimize spam. *Our true address is of the form .- Hide quoted text -