Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
(Don Klipstein) wrote:

I wonder how much of that statement is based on the assumption that
the CFLs are going to be gotten rid of the way they should be, which
is
not likely to be the way they are.

I was talking about if all of the mercury in the CFLs got into the
environment, as if the worn-out CFLs are all ground up and incinerated
in
bonfires.

Interesting. Would you have a cite or two, I haven't seen anything
like that and would like to read them. Thanks.

If your county has a web site, you might find some links there.

About all I can find on my county, the big city nearby and
state websites (as well as the EPAs) is what the proper ways to dispose
of the CFLs. Nothing on the local and nothing I can find right off on
the EPA on the question of how they came to that conclusion. It may very
well be correct, I'm just saying I can't find anything right off to back
it up. Until then it is a rumor (g).

Currently, and into the foreseeable future, the EPA is not a reliable source
for environmental information.