Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

"Jim Redelfs" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

a number of arms control experts have pointed out that there's only
one way we'll stop "rogue states" from eventually developing nuclear
weapons: Eliminate civilian nuclear power plants.

Given that, I guess we'll just have to live, warm and illuminated, in a
more
dangerous world since we'll not be giving-up nuclear power plants.

As TMI (a few cubic yards of irradiated steam do NOT a disaster make) and
Chernobyl fade from memory, we will build more nukes.

Every benefit comes with a hidden horror show.

I disagree.

Most benefits do NOT come with such dire consequences.

However, it is indeed refreshing, and surprising, that you declare nuclear
electric power a "benefit". It is, in many ways.

Oh, it's definitely a benefit. My concerns about it stem from seeing so much
homeland security cash spent for fire trucks and not enough for things like
chemical plant security. If I recall, that industry purchased the right to
take care of security without government intervention. I'm not encouraged by
that, and I wonder about nuclear plant security as well.