Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

In , Jim
Redelfs wrote:
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

based on the pristine condition of most of the SUVs I
see, they're not being used off road anywhere.

So what?

What business is it of YOURS what someone else drives or WHERE they drive?

What others drive does affect demand/supply ratios of petroleum and
USA's refinery capacity. Others have ability to affect how much per
gallon I have to pay at the pump when I have to use a personal vehicle
other than a bicycle.

If you want to drive a 35mpg econobox, go for it. I graduated from a
1,000cc, 3-cylinder Geo Metro to a 2500HD Silverado pickup with 8.1L (496cid)
gas-guzzling V8. I'm paying DEARLY for my choice. But it was MY choice.

Sadly, those who can afford to do this are free to bid up the price that
others have to pay, and some who can afford to consume non-renewable
resources at a faster rate than necessary do so.

If you truly advocate having to apply to the Ministry of Transportation prior
to purchasing your next motor vehicle, you can just forget it, comrade. Not
while I have a vote in any case.

- Don Klipstein )