Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

Jim Redelfs wrote:
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

based on the pristine condition of most of the SUVs I
see, they're not being used off road anywhere.

So what?

What business is it of YOURS what someone else drives or WHERE they drive?

If you want to drive a 35mpg econobox, go for it. I graduated from a
1,000cc, 3-cylinder Geo Metro to a 2500HD Silverado pickup with 8.1L (496cid)
gas-guzzling V8. I'm paying DEARLY for my choice. But it was MY choice.

Perhaps dearly, but not nearly enough. You're not paying the true cost,
partly due to market distortions caused by government intervention and
partly due to "tragedy of the commons" effects.

If you truly advocate having to apply to the Ministry of Transportation prior
to purchasing your next motor vehicle, you can just forget it, comrade. Not
while I have a vote in any case.