Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

In article ,
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Also, we need pull some of the "Highway taxes" away from highways and
let it go to building other forms of transportation like light rail,
etc.

Why throw good money after bad?

We built it - and they didn't come.

With the exception of the high-density rust belt areas, mass transportation
has been a losing proposition since the mid-to-late '60s.

That, of course, didn't stop those in control of taxation from furthering
their agenda of the Good Ideatm - and they're still at it (Ex: Your words.)

I have long suggested that the Feds zero out their gas and
highway-related taxes (along with the money) and let the individual
states raise theirs to take up the slack and let them spend it as they
see fit.

I agree with that but it's a sure bet that the suits in D.C. will NEVER (ever)
relinquish that control. Sorry.
--

JR