Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

In article , "Pete C."
wrote:

Twice a week, I pass by a park & ride lot. It's as empty as
it's been for many years.

An advertising campaign would help that.

I doubt it. Such an advertising campaign would help only those entities
promoting the campaign.

Remind people of the carpooling and mass transit options while they
are receptive due to the increased fuel prices.

....and they would (and do) continue to drive their personal vehicles.

"They" have been beating the "dead horse" of expanded public transportation
forever and it hasn't been effective for decades.

We are a society of PRIVATE transportation. For good or ill, it's a fact that
is unlikely to be substantially overcome, regardless of legislation or fuel
prices - or advertising campaigns.
--

JR