Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

In article , larry wrote:
In a year or two, all of your CFL complaints and CFLs will
be history too. In the past two months, I've seen a big
rise in local office space being finished out in ALL LED
lighting. It's instant on, it dims, it can change color
from red to violet, and it makes CF look like a real energy
hog.

The very most efficient LEDs that I have been able to buy are slightly
less efficient than T8 fluorescents. And ones that efficient only come in
an icy cold shade of white and in green.

LEDs are advancing gradually and their cost is coming down gradually.
It's going to be more than a couple years before they become the main
light source in homes or offices.

LED's aren't at CFL prices, yet, unless you average in the 10-20 year
life.

White ones mostly have rated life of 50,000 hours.

- Don Klipstein )