Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] strikerspam@iinet.com is offline

Default My first lathe, my first post here

One other route is when you're at the woodworking store look to see if
they know of any local woodworking or turning clubs in your area. You
might be able to get one of the members to come by and give you a few
pointers.

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:04:44 -0600, "woodstuff"
wrote:

I will try to go to a demo or class, but I can probably get most of it from
a book(s) and learn alot by just playing with it. I don't have much free
time to go to classes, but rather have to steal time occasionally. I never
went to school to learn my trade, but gleaned some from others over the
years and learned by doing.

I have a small cabinet shop and the lathe will be right there if I want to
go on a "rabbit trail". It is always a boom or bust thing for me and right
now business is good. I will somehow find some time.

Turning will be a perfect hobby for me. Thanks for the suggestion!

woodstuff