Colin Cooper

Default Wiring a CAT5e home network

Errrrrr - but will anyone be using cable (rather than wireless) in a few
years time? Doubt it, myself - except in hostile (EM) environments... So
why not go wireless now? It's cheap, easy and far more flexible!

Colin
"Tenex" wrote in message
No doubt other problems will arise and I'll be seeking your help, but for
the moment the cable is in but I don't have a guide on how to wire the

CAT5e
(to which pins) can anyone point me to one?

I've checked practicallynetworked and helmig and they discuss theory and

the
software side but I can't see the hard stuff explained to this detail.
Would quite like to get this running this evening if poss. Belkin
switch/router and Blueyonder connection to share (once a BitTorrent d/l

has
finished .... ;-) Anything to beware of generally (not done this before)?
Thanks