Posted to rec.woodworking
Dale Miller Dale Miller is offline

Default Sawdust & Soap Jugs

J T wrote:
That is indeed what I'm talking about. I did try your method. it
ain't that easy. The one I finally got out actully tore a couple of
small holes in the neck of the jug itself, like it had been spot welded.
It did NOT pop right out. Then after all that struggle, I realized that
the cap screws into the insert. So, besides being much faster and
easier to cut the bottom of the spout insert out, it provides the
threads to hold the cap on. At least it's that way on the 3 brands I
tried. Did you actually take one out?

JOAT
My memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory is not as
sharp as it used to be.

Well the ones I have used and pulled out are the one that have the
threads on the outside of the neck of the bottle..

--
All the Best
Dale Miller

(cut the spam to reply)