Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
RST Engineering \(jw\) RST Engineering \(jw\) is offline

Default What NOT to do when cleaning a mouse??

And because no alcohol made is purely without water, no matter how high the
proof, it will slowly (perhaps 8 hours, perhaps a day depending on the water
content) come back to life.

You can hasten the process by a slightly elevated temperature, but I'm
loathe to go above 80F on drying any electronic component for fear of
shortening the x axis of the bathtub curve.

Jim

--
"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."
--Henry Ford

That didn't totally cure the intermittent "click", so I gave it a good
flush with denatured alcohol.

Two hours of drying later, it wouldn't come alive.

Four hours later it's now working, but wants to turn itself off at
random :-(

Oh, well.

...Jim Thompson