Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply is offline

Default Buying a house with parents

Chloe wrote:

Just FWIW, the distinction you make with regard to terminology is not used
in my part of the country. As used here, duplex simply means two separate
living spaces which share a common wall (or floor/ceiling).

I see. Well, it's a good thing that I clarified that I was talking
about two dwellings considered to be single-family dwellings versus one
building that was considered a two-family dwelling.

My gramma lived in what I called a flat and what you could call a duplex
in Savannah, Georgia -- she had the first floor in what I can only guess
was a Victorian-era building based on what I remember about it, and
someone else lived on the second floor.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.