Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Would you agree that we need to reduce our dependence on foreign oil?

Sure. But since oil is fungible, how can you reasonably do it?

There are two different things going on here. One is the price of
oil the other who gets the money. We could reduce our dependence on
foreign by using our own energy sources. While that might or might not
make a big difference in prices at the pump,

it would more likely starve
some of the nasties in the ME .

Like the Iraq sanctions Starved Saddam? The nasties never get starved,
entirely because they are the nasties and are perfectly happy to steal
the food from the mouths of children.

That's different. We're talking about a business model that changes. If the
business (Saudi Arabia) can't adapt to something like any other business,
then their business suffers. In the case of the Saudi royals, the result
would actually be horrible. They'd have to cut back on their lavish spending
for yachts, villas in Europe, and large contributions to such things as
presidential libraries.

You might enjoy reading "Sleeping With The Devil", by Robert Baer.

They would actually just sell to China instead.