Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

In article ,
"Pete C." wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
"Pete C." wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:

Hi,
Also cars/trucks are now getting LED lights; tail lights, signal lights,
etc. They are 1/20 seconds faster turning on. This split second
difference could lessen traffic accident.

Another advantage is the fact that the LED life expectancy exceeds the
length of time the average person keeps a car, which helps insure they
are actually working since few people check their lights regularly.

I would be more impressed with that as a safety measure if it exceeded
the average life span of the car. All that means is that the guy who
buys it from me is more likely to have problems.

For most cars they will. Trucks typically have longer life spans so
perhaps not there.

Well the cool. (g).