Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

In article ,
"Pete C." wrote:

There are other ways to make a more significant improvement without any
change in vehicles. A substantial amount of our vehicle use is in
unnecessary commuting and solo commuting. The current fuel prices are
already improving the situation by triggering more carpooling and more
telecommuting.

Also, we need pull some of the "Highway taxes" away from highways and
let it go to building other forms of transportation like light rail,
etc. We well and truly blew that over the years.
FWIW, I have long suggested that the Feds zero out their gas and
highway-related taxes (along with the money) and let the individual
states raise theirs to take up the slack and let them spend it as they
see fit.