Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

You said "Let the market decide". That's pretty funny, although you
didn't mean it to be funny. "The market" includes millions of fools
who have absolutely NO need for the special mechanical
characteristics of SUVs, but they bought them anyway because
advertising told them to. "The market" made some pretty lousy
decisions.

"Need" is not the determining factor, "want" is.

In your next message, you will say that "the market" will correct
this
mistake. Don't count on it.

It's not a mistake - it's called 'freedom.'

Yeah. Freedom to feed more dollars to the country that gave us 9/11.
That's
called stupid.

If we were to stop buying oil from the ME it would not in any way
eliminate the problems there that it helped to create, it could
actually
make them even worse.

Worse? Let me guess: Create more poverty, and thus more unrest?

A distinct possibility considering that the ME has no significant
economy other than oil.

Based on everything I've read, much of the unrest in Saudi Arabia, for
instance, is *already* due to the gross inequities between the royals and
everyone else. This is why the royal family continues to support schools
whose teachers instruct students that WE are the reason for their miserable
lives.

We should've fulfilled their fantasies and put THEIR country under new
management, instead of Iraq. But, that would've required balls.

So if we remove their source of revenue so there isn't any for them to
trickle down to the impoverished masses, this will make the situation
better? They'll just point the finger at us yet again and their ignorant
masses will mindlessly believe it again. If their masses weren't so
mindless they might figure out that they need to overthrow their
oppressors.