Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

In article ,
"Pete C." wrote:

It would certainly be a good goal, however it will not in any way solve
or reduce the problems that it helped to create. Indeed if we stop
buying oil from the ME it could make the situation there even worse.
Since China would likely buy whatever we don't that later issue may not
be as significant now.

Of course it would, although to what degree I suppose is open to some
debate. China is going to buy the oil no matter what, but if we were
able to buy less ME oil (or use less or use our own NEW sources) then
the supply/demand curve obviously changes and the price goes down either
in real terms or in what it would have been had we stayed at the tap.