Spehro Pefhany

Default Gunner: I'm back

On 21 Jun 2004 15:59:39 GMT, the renowned (AZOTIC)
wrote:

The "haves" always love to think that if THEY have a good job and enough
money and savings, EVERYONE should be able to have that and the 'have nots'

are
just lazy.

Of course, the "haves" are wrong.

James, Seattle

An individuals plight in life is generaly the result of thier own decisions.
Even a poor kid from arkansas can become president of the united states,
turns out he just wasn't a slacker.

Best Regards
Tom.

Yeah, but, I think that is an extraordinary case. For every engineer
who came from a poor blue-collar family, there are 20 who had some
family connection with the business, had a family that valued
education and hard work even if they were not rich, and had the money
that sending their kids to University didn't involve taking two jobs..
luck really is part of it, most of the time.

Think how lucky we are to have been born in the richest part of the
world and not to be the 15th son of some mud farmer in Bangladesh-
virtually a sentence to a short nasty lifetime of back-breaking labor.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany