Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 22:17:14 -0600, cavelamb himself wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

You fear the cops more than the people the cops are there to protect you
from? Really?

I really am interested in your answer. You fear your cops more than you
fear your criminals? Tell me again where you live?

I've never had any problem talking to a USA'n, armed cop.
Maybe you know different cops than I know.

I also wonder about your non-response to this.

...perhaps, just perhaps, that shows that criminals aren't stupid, and
are deterred from crime if someone armed, or potentially armed, is in
the area. Hmmm.

and there you see the slippery slope...

Nothing slippery or slope about it. Criminals avoid getting hurt if at
all possible. You observed that cops are never around when crimes are
committed. I'd start by saying you're obviously wrong but yes, there is
probably a strong correlation. The difference in your POV and mine, is
that I see it as a deterrance factor, you apparently see it as some sort
of psychic avoidance thing or whatever.

I don't actually care where the cop is when I need them, they're not
where I need them. So, I'm on my own. If I'm banned from defending
myself, the only person made safer by that ban, is the criminal who
ignores laws like "don't shoot people" and all that.