Posted to uk.d-i-y
andrew heggie andrew heggie is offline

Default log burner

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 07:09:30 -0800, tom.harrigan wrote:

aga suggest you need 47.5kg of
solid fuel to get 220kWh. Unless I've done something wrong, that makes
it about 70% efficient.

I haven't checked your maths, nor do I know the calorific value of your
fuel but coke burning devices always look good because the LHV
and HHV are the same. My beef with the aga is that it gives you the heat
when it wants to. Now this is fine with solid fuels because they all have
this thermal inertia problem but it's an unnecessary restriction when
burning inherently "better" fuels like gas or oil.

AJH