Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

John Barry wrote:
We need more energy. Let's go get it. -Jim Redelfs

Nonsense- to the assertion that extracting fossil fuels faster will
solve our problems. It'll just bring forward the day of reckoning what
to do when it becomes unaffordable.

Bah! The Romans cut down the forests of North Africa (and parts of Europe).
When wood became expensive, Europe turned to coal. When the coal ran out, or
became too expensive, the world began to run on oil.

When we run out of (cheap) oil, there'll be something else.

There's so much we can do to reduce demand and make much better use of
what's in the "pipeline" and what's yet to be invented.

Consensus among many seems to be that there's no single solution.
Maybe opening our minds to reasonable means to cure our coal/oil/gas
addiction will help, AND provide marketable solutions for the rest of
the planet.

There are those who advocate turning the oil reserves of Saudia Arabia into
a "planetary resource," to be administered for the good of everyone.