Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light The Reverend Natural Light is offline

Default Welding in cold weather

On Dec 23, 11:47 pm, wrote:
I broke something on my snowplow. I parked it in my garage and
started to weld. No matter what I tried, my helmet glass kept fogging
up. I even turned on a torpedo heater to no avail. I finally had to
take it off and just weld with three pairs of sunglasses and avoid
looking at it as much as possible. How in the heck do the
professional welders weld in cold weather?

Scott Anti-Fog Cloth:

http://store.bobscycle.com/browse.cfm/4,13605.htm

It's a dirtbike trick. I've tried every type of no-fog product
imaginable for motorcycle goggles and that is the best. It should
work just great for a welding shield. Your local motorcycle shop
should carry it. Fog the lens up with your breath and then wipe it
dry with the cloth. It will not fog again.

The sunglasses are a seriously bad idea.