Posted to alt.home.repair
Calab Calab is offline

Default Bury dryer vent under patio?

"RickM" wrote in message
I am replacing a deck with a poured concrete patio.

The problem is that my dryer vents under the deck.

Does any see a problem using standard rigid aluminum ducts to extend
from my house out to the edge of the patio? I will be pouring concrete
on top of the 4" rigid vent.

I have thought of using PVC instead, but I would expect that would be
a hazard were the dust in the vent to ignite.

Missing the patio is not an option, since I would have to route the
vent through several floor joists.

Any better ideas?

PVC should be safe... Temps should be low enough by that point. Just be sure
that the pipe slopes downward with no upturns anyplace.

If you can turn 90' (or even 45') and make the run shorter, do that.