Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Welding in cold weather

wrote in message
I broke something on my snowplow. I parked it in my garage and
started to weld. No matter what I tried, my helmet glass kept fogging
up. I even turned on a torpedo heater to no avail. I finally had to
take it off and just weld with three pairs of sunglasses and avoid
looking at it as much as possible. How in the heck do the
professional welders weld in cold weather?

Was the lens cold too? That will make condensation. Take it intot he house
and keep it warm

One other thing. Since I was welding indoors, the whole garage filled
with smoke and now I have a horrible headache from it. Its too cold
to open a window. What do welding shops use?

Open the doors and ventilate. Weld shops have ventilation. They often have
high ceilings and lots of space