Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Automatic Volume Leveling (AVL)

Ross Herbert wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:23:51 -0600, wrote:

If you can invent a wireless invention gadget that will automatically
kill the audio of all tv commercials,,, you might be allowed

membership
into the Augusta,Georgia Country Club.
Bill Gates never amounted to anything, The Augusta CC turned him

down.
I Love it!
cuhulin

You will have noticed that whenever ads are being run the channel logo
is not broadcast. If someone can build a device to detect absence of
logo and then mute the audio, that will fix the problem.

If you decode the data in the reserved lines at the top of the frame,
there is information about the commercials.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida