Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 00:18:23 -0600, cavelamb himself wrote:

Gunner wrote:

The majority of police shootings, are shootings done with their own
weapon, after having it taken away from them by the suspect, who didnt
have one of his own.
Shall we disarm all police officers for their own safety?

I dunno.
I think _I_ would feel safer.

You fear the cops more than the people the cops are there to protect you
from? Really?

The English Bobbies really impressed me.
They were approachable.

I've never had any problem talking to a USA'n, armed cop.

They didn't seem like tough guys - which many police officers here seem
to want to be.

Maybe you know different cops than I know.

And, since they are never around when a crime is being comitted...

...perhaps, just perhaps, that shows that criminals aren't stupid, and
are deterred from crime if someone armed, or potentially armed, is in
the area. Hmmm.

and there you see the slippery slope...