Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Question about dishwasher hose.

Mark wrote:
I've seen this done in cases just as mentioned - where the DW isn't next
to the sink. In these cases it is still necessary to have the hose
routed up under the counter before dropping down to the basement or else
the DW won't hold water. It would continue to drain if the hose were
not held above the normal water level of the DW, much the way a washing
machine drains if you drop the drain hose on the floor.

"Oren" wrote in message

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 15:07:20 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Dec 23, 5:30?pm, Oren wrote:

http://www.appliance411.com/faq/DW-drain-no-gap.gif

My dishwasher drains to a basement washtub, unfortunately dishwasher
couldnt go by sink its across the room. trust me the loop is necessary
or the water will siphon from the machine

Interesting, not a single manual for a DW I've read mentions draining
to a basement. Seems every one does mention using the hose in a loop
- with or without an air gap... an always mention the sink, adjacent.

I vote for the loop

Hi,
Dish washer not near the sink? How inconvenient! Like keeping laundry
washer and dryer far apart? How inconvenient!