Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric9822 Eric9822 is offline

Default Question about dishwasher hose.

On Dec 23, 12:48*pm, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote:
Hi All, I was reading here a couple of days ago, and saw an answer
from someone about water running back into dishwasher from disposer or
sink. I think it was Edwin who said that the hose needs to be under
the countertop. OK, I visualize that in my mind, but I'm not really
sure what it means. Can somebody explain that to me? *I do have a
problem with water running back into my dishwasher. TIA and best to
all of you during the holidays. This group has been a lifesaver to me
and I appreciate all of you.

--
Cheri

Cheri,

In some places an air gap is required to prevent backflow into the
dishwasher. If an air gap is not required then the drain hose needs
to be routed up to the underside of the countertop and then back down
to the sink drain or the disposal (forming a loop). If the air gap or
the loop is not present then you will probably have a backflow problem.