Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Question about dishwasher hose.

Cheri wrote:
Hi All, I was reading here a couple of days ago, and saw an answer
from someone about water running back into dishwasher from disposer or
sink. I think it was Edwin who said that the hose needs to be under
the countertop. OK, I visualize that in my mind, but I'm not really
sure what it means. Can somebody explain that to me? I do have a
problem with water running back into my dishwasher. TIA and best to
all of you during the holidays. This group has been a lifesaver to me
and I appreciate all of you.

--
Cheri

Hi,
That means the discharge point is too low. Our dish washer discharge
is not near the insinerator discharge. Away and above into sink dranin
pipe via Y coupling.