Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
_[_2_] _[_2_] is offline

Default Why use heavy oils in gearbox?

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:40:41 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Dec 23, 8:26 am, Ted Frater wrote:

This busines of 35mpg is quite simple to acieve.

The technology is there,
It needs a tax? incentive for the car MFG's
to change their design references.

Give me the authority and funding and ill have one ready for mass
priduction for you in 24 months.

Any takers?
Ted Frater
Dorset UK.

Would have been great when I was commuting to work. But now I need
something that will carry stuff. Not a great deal of stuff, but at
least a 500 kilos.

What I think is needed is driver insurance, instead of car insurance.
If I could buy driver insurance, I would have a small coupe in
addition to the truck. Can't drive but one at a time, but the
insurance is per vehicle, not per user.

What you want is insurance built into the cost of fuel. Everyone is
insured, and if you don't drive much it doesn't cost much.