Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andy Asberry Andy Asberry is offline

Default Small gear supplier

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 22:52:27 -0600, RoyJ
wrote:

We do a lot of prototyping work, I need a source for cheap gears. Most
of the things we do could be done with one standard size, 32 pitch seems
to be a good compromise. Where I'd like to get to is a plastic bin with
a nice selection of small (8 tooth and up) spur gears to fairly large
(64 or 72 tooth). Bore sizes appropriate (1/8' to 1/4") I'm not hung up
on either the 32 pitch or English sizes.

Looking at page 1012 in www.mcmaster.com they have suitable plastic
gears for the $2.50 to $7.00 range, this is just more money than I want
to spend. Page 1014 has 12" long sections of steel gear stock in 12
tooth to 40 tooth. I suppose this would work, would prefer brass stock
for ease of machining.

I'd really like to be able to get to a 32 pitch 8 tooth spur gear/64
tooth driven gear combination for the $2 to $3 range.

Suggestions?

Try here. http://www.sdp-si.com/eStore/CoverPg...htm?wcw=google

--Andy Asberry--