Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Welding cast magnesium?

Cydrome Leader wrote:

ha, not designed to have any strength?

It doesn't need much strength in that part when assembled, with the
axle in place.

If you had to pick, I would rather have the rear wheel fall off than the
front one.

A few years ago, I was cruising at 70 mph on the interstate south of
Shelbyville Indiana coming home from training at Mazak in Kentucky. My
driver side wheel on my Ranger 4x4 departed my company suddenly. Outside of
the drop, the event was uneventful. I should have waited a bit longer
before applying brakes since the rotor didn't have much traction and grew a
flat spot.

Loosing the Warn hub was the most expensive part of the deal. You buy them
in pairs. The guy with the tow truck gave me a deal on the tow. He was a
fellow member of the Siemper Fie fraternity

Wes