Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
Shawn Hirn Shawn Hirn is offline

Default Buying a house with parents

In article ,
max wrote:

In article ,
Shawn Hirn wrote:

The question I have, is sharing a house with my parents a good idea from
an emotional standpoint for the three of us? Has anyone done this? My
sister's a practicing clinical psychologist. My dad made this proposal a
few days ago, so I haven't had time to talk with my sister about it
privately. I imagine she would have said something if she thought it was
a bad idea (she's very vocal and opinionated). I plan to talk with her
about it, but she was not available when I called last night.

So what would you do in tis situation?

I would send my parents to live on an ice floe before i let them move in
with me. Hell, i'd give them my house and move onto the ice flow myself!

Not knowing the dynamics of your relationship w/ your parents, it's kind
of hard to judge, but ...

It comes down to: do it your way, the "hard" way, or do it your parent's
way.

Live in your own home or share a house with your parents.

Its definitely something to consider. Having been mugged twice, I am not
so sure I subscribe to your theory that the thugs only bother other
thugs. I was beaten up and attacked just a few months ago in broad
daylight while riding my bike, so crime is a concern for me.