Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Buying a house with parents

Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:15:53 -0500 from Shawn Hirn :
The question I have, is sharing a house with my parents a good idea from
an emotional standpoint for the three of us?

Nobody can really answer this for you.

One thing I will say is that the three of you should agree on the
financial arrangements (including what happens when anyone dies), and
visit a lawyer before anyone signs papers on a house. Money is the
root of many bitter family disputes, so you want to make sure that
everyone has the same understanding and there are no surprises.

The lawyer should make sure that everyone understands and agrees what
will happen, and she should draw up papers for all three of you to
sign. Yes, it will cost a few hundred dollars, but that's nothing
compared to the cost of a house or to the cost of a bitter family
war.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/