Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Frank" frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote in message
. ..
Dan_Musicant wrote:
Fact is you can find CF's that don't take a minute to get usable light.
Some are nearly instant on. The only filament lamps I use at all are
maybe a couple I haven't bothered to change that I leave on for 5-10
minutes at a time only.

I find it grating to read posts which make fun of federal lawmakers. I
wouldn't want to spend more than 10 minutes of every year sitting in the
halls of congress. I know it's a madhouse, but walk a mile in their
shoes before you paint them all with the same brush.

Believe it or not, letting people do what they damn well please doesn't
work in this country.

You must be in the 15% that thinks congress is doing a good job.
Let the market decide. I use CFL's not to save the planet but because in
the long run, I save money.

You said "Let the market decide". That's pretty funny, although you didn't
mean it to be funny. "The market" includes millions of fools who have
absolutely NO need for the special mechanical characteristics of SUVs, but
they bought them anyway because advertising told them to. "The market" made
some pretty lousy decisions.

In your next message, you will say that "the market" will correct this
mistake. Don't count on it.

Here's a quote to ponder from Walter Williams:

"I'm afraid most Americans view such a liberty-oriented solution with
hostility. They believe they have a right to enlist the brute forces of
government to impose their preferences on others."