Gunner

Default Gunner: I'm back

On 20 Jun 2004 16:18:11 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

When doing this, is the shooter allowed to start running away from
the knife-wielder while drawing his weapon?

GOOD MAN!... Thats the key...run backwards just as fast as you can
and keep removing your weapon from the holster. Most Tueller drill
participants at first simply stand there like a stone.

I dunno, if somebody was chasing me with a knife I might just
keep right on running as long as there was some runway.

Jim

A loud scream, a wave of a knife..and you may find yourself rooted to
the ground. It often happens that way, particularly with those who
are more "civilized" than others. Most folks simply dont go into
fight or flight mode..but stand there incredulous and the mental gear
change from "huh..what the ****??? to RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" takes
precious time.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell