Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

On Dec 23, 3:28*am, Jim Redelfs wrote:

With no apologies to anyone, I believe that switching to CF lamps won't, over
the LONG "haul", provide a bit of "relief" to our ever-increasing energy
consumption. *Although that implies that our ever-increasing energy
consumption needs relief, I am adamantly UNconvinced of that in any case.

I agree, especially in areas where electricity is produced by
hydroelectric plants. It takes just as much water to turn the turbine
whether the generator is producing 1 megawatt or 150 megawatts.

Politicians want us, the ones who care, to assume all the guilt and do
something. Yet to you think for a minute that Las Vegas will ever
change out their lights for more efficient ones? Or any government
limit each family to only one car? Or the airlines cut back on the
number of flights? No, instead they'll all keep on doing business as
usual and ask us to change out a light bulb or two.

Red