Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

wrote in message
There are some apps where CFL's work well. There are others where
they do not. I've put them in my garage and can put up with the slow
light up time. I tried them in the kitchen with some FEIT indoor
floods. First, they won't even fit because of the wider neck, so I
had to buy an extender. Then they take a good couple mins to reach
any reasonable brightness. Come into the kitchen at night and you
can barely see for 2 mins. And then, despite the claims of how long
they last, I've had 3 now fail after about 3 months of normal use.
And yes, they are installed in and rated for the ceiling cans they are
intended for.

Try a better brand. IMO, FEIT is pretty crappy compared to the others.